As I’m approaching a place where all this will culminate in painting the droid, I’ve been tweaking a few things here and there I have not been happy with.

I have actually been quite busy with a knee surgery (I’m fine, thanks for asking), but I’ve managed to continue working on the droid!

I spent two days going over the dome with some small fixes, rewiring the electronics, rehinging the door, and most importantly, moving the front PSI’s since they were a bit crooked, and also repositioning the rear PSI about 1 mm in order to make if fit proper!

Now the front panel sits a lot straighter. And no, that’s not weathering, but I will sure keep that in mind for hen I do weather my droid!

Back panel around the RLD is now positioned correctly.. The RLD was too much to the side, making this panel “hit the wall” of the dome, something I wasn’t too happy with.

Come to think of it, I probably made my droid *less* screen accurate by fixing the panels..

Then, I dremeled out the front PSI holder to twice the size for the PSI board:

To properly insulate the PSI when inserting it into the housing, I decided to make a shim out of 1mm styrene.

It all fits great into the front PSI holder…

What do you know, it even works!

This was then screwed into place inside the dome.

I removed all the blue panels for sanding and painting, so the dome now looks a lot less complete than just a few days before.

When rewiring the droid inside, I also found a better placement for the slip ring connector board. Small improvements, one at a time!

I’m also in the process of going over the body, gleing anything that looks like it could use an extra dab of glue, trying to seal up any tiny holes I find.

While waiting for some glue to set, I also mounted all the parts I had home fo the charging bay insert.

Tomorrow, I’m going to work on dome alignment. I have noticed I have some gaps around the edge when my dome is mounted. First step is to lower the dome about 1 mm by removing a few bolts and replacing them with thinner washers instead. Then I will need to make some shims out of 1mm styrene and “pad” the top of the frame in some places to make the skin nice and snug all around.

I’ve done a few other small things here and there, nothing really big, but a few things off my R2-2DO list crossed off!

Oh.. I also cleaned my small office/workshop, which was met by a big FINALLY from my fiancée…